Included in Kit:
60 amp electric motor unit
Prewired control module
Race cooling fans
System can be Adapted to a rack or steering box:
- For Steering Rack equipped vehicles please contact EPAS Performance before placing your order as we will need additional information to complete your order. We will need to know what size shaft was used to get from the rack to the firewall in order to attempt to adapt to it.
- The kit does not come with additional linkages to reach the rack; these must be purchased separately.
Features a low 9 amp draw
Average install time of 10 hours
Steering wheel not included
Requires some cutting
Column not included
Number of fans varies per application
This custom application will require the following information in order to begin processing the request:
Is the vehicle OEM from steering wheel to steering box?
• On OEM columns we will need to know the steering tube OD and steering shaft size/style (DD? Round? Splined? Hollow?).
• If equipped with an aftermarket column we will need to know the steering tube OD and shaft size (DD? Round? Splined? Hollow?).
• If the vehicle has a stock steering box, we will need to know what the box out put is (DD? Round? Splined? Hollow?).
Are you adapting to a steering rack?
You will be responsible for the shaft from the rack to the firewall. 3/4''DD shaft is preferred but not required, we will try to adapt to the shaft size. We will need to know this measurement to supply the proper ujoint.
Need an aftermarket column?
We can provide 32'' universal IDIDIT tilt column, you will need to cut and modify at your own discretion.
How it works:
The computer measures the amount of effort on the steering wheel and amplifies it with the aid of the electric motor. A potentiometer gives you control over the amount of assistance provided, allowing you to fine tune your EPAS experience. For example, you can have maximum power assist while on a parking lot, and less on the highway. The system is only active while turning.
Straight Shaft Custom Build Install Manual Collapsible Shaft Custom Build Install Manual
The installation of this system should be done by a professional mechanic or a very knowledgeable amateur.